Terms and Conditions of Sale
We are Design Haus Bedrooms (a trading name of THE-DESIGN-HAUS LIMITED). Our registered office is located at Springfields, Bearley Road, Aston Cantlow, Henley in Arden, B95 6HZ.
Our intention is that, in terms of design, materials, installation and pricing, you receive the solution best suited to your individual circumstances.
Manufacturing Guarantees and General terms about our product
- (1) Our installations supplied by Raumplus GmbH of Bremen Germany whose components have been cut to size and assembled directly by Raumplus at its works in Bremen are guaranteed against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 10 years from the installation date and include: doors, door roller technology, Raumplus hinges, sliding door functions, basic frame constructions, aluminium profiles, connection technology, interiors, and the workmanship of the edges of wardrobe sides and floors (excluding any electrical or LED devices which are guaranteed for 2 years).
(2) Our installations supplied by UK manufacturers are guaranteed against defects in workmanship and materials for a period of 5 years from the installation date (excluding any electrical or LED devices which are guaranteed for 2 years).
(3) Fair wear and tear and damage caused by water and/or physical abuse are outside the limits of these guarantees.
- Wardrobe interiors are manufactured from either high grade Melamine Faced Chipboard (MFC) and may be described by colour, or from medium-density fibreboard (MDF) which is described by the wood effect.
- All wood effect materials are melamine or vinyl faced boards, unless specified as real wood veneers.
- Many wood effect materials made with melamine or vinyl faced board are constructed with texture and/or grain patterns. We cannot control how these effects/patterns appear within any product.
- Real wood veneers are natural products and slight variations in colour and grain will be considered acceptable.
- To ensure safe installation, there may be a join in any material over 1800mm.
Our general obligations
7. We agree to supply and fit the items specified on the contract document at the installation address specified on the contract document in accordance with the following:
a. Due to the nature of fitting furniture into spaces where the horizontal and vertical surfaces are not always completely level and square, the actual sizes of the finished and installed items may vary from those advised during the design process and specified on the contract document;
b.We may make improvements to the specifications of the items we have agreed to supply, however, we will not make any significant changes to the specification or the design without your agreement;
c.Where, for whatever reason, we are unable to supply the items specified on this contract we will discuss and agree suitable alternatives with you;
d. We will endeavour to fulfil our obligations under this contract within a reasonable time, however:
i. Any fitting or completion date we give is a guide only and is based upon information given by you and other information known to us at the time. On occasions, unforeseen events or complications do occur which may either delay the start of the fitting or lengthen the completion of the fitting. In such cases we will complete the work within a reasonable time. Naturally, we shall do our best to keep you fully informed should such circumstances arise;
ii.On occasion, defects, damage, errors or omissions may occur in the manufacturing and/or the fitting of the items specified in the contract document. Whilst we will seek to minimise the likelihood of such events occurring, where they do, we will seek to remedy the situation within a reasonable time;
e. The installation process naturally creates some dust, and there may be some noise from the use of power tools, but rest assured, we will do all we can to minimise the disruption to you. Our fitters have their own dust sheets and extraction systems, so that when they leave, your home will be clean and tidy;
f. Our fitters will take into consideration any pipes, electrical cables, or underground heating when installing the wardrobes providing you notify us of these at the time of purchase and they are recorded on the contract document. We cannot be responsible for any expense caused by damage to these items if they are not recorded on that document.
Your general obligations
8. Where we have agreed with you to arrange for the items specified in the contract document to be fitted, you agree:
a. To make sure that the fitter has access to the site at reasonable times (between 8.30am and 7.00pm) or otherwise as agreed by you and us;
b. To clear out the room in which the specified items are to be fitted to provide the fitter with adequate and safe space to work. In particular, you should move bulky items and safely store delicate items in order to prevent any accidental damage. It is also advisable to remove books from the room as they have a tendency to attract dust and are then difficult to clean;
c. To ensure that the fitter can use the mains electricity supply from a standard 13A 240V socket free of charge, and that the supply is installed to the usual standards in force at the time;
d. To ensure prior to the fitting date that any works that you have agreed to undertake in advance of the fitting of the specified items including, amongst other things, any re-routing or installation of plumbing (including water, radiators, drainage, gas, sewage and the like), or electrics, or the removal of existing furniture and carpets, or the building of stud walls and partitions, have been carried out to a good workmanlike standard to the specification advised to us when you entered this contract;
e. That you will not make any material alterations in the rooms to be fitted, and that in particular you have not installed, relocated or removed any fixed items that you have not told us about before we entered into the contract;
f. To allow us to use all necessary tools and equipment (that we will provide) including drills, saws and power tools, to complete the fitting in the room in which the specified items are to be fitted;
g. To co-operate in managing health and safety risks to an acceptable level.
What happens if you wish to vary the contract?
Should you wish to make any alterations to the specified items on the contract document you should notify us at the earliest opportunity. We will advise you whether it is possible or not to accommodate the alterations and, if it is, whether there is any variation to the price agreed in the contract document. Any alterations or variation in price will not be valid unless they have been agreed between us and you in writing.
Payment and related terms
9. The payment terms for your order are as follows:
a. A first payment of 40% of the value of the order (or such other amount as we may agree with you at the point of order) is payable on completion of the contract document. Once that payment has been received, we will promptly instruct the manufacturer to commence making your order. Please be aware that at that stage we (Design Haus Bedrooms) become liable to pay the manufacturer for their work done in making your order.
b. The second payment of 50% of the value of the order is payable before the agreed fitting date. Please be aware that we cannot commence fitting your order until we have received the second payment.
c. The third and final payment of 10% of the value of the contract is payable once the fitting has been completed.
d. The foregoing payment terms may not apply if your purchase is being made by way of funding from a financial lender. The schedule of payments will be agreed to accommodate the procedures of your lender.
e. Acceptable payment methods are bank transfer, credit card, debit card, and cheque. We do not accept cash.
f. The price quoted on the contract document shall remain valid for three months. The total contract price includes Value Added Tax at the rates in force at the time of signing the contract document. The company reserves the right to vary the VAT content of the price to take into account any rate change between time of order and time of delivery.
Your rights to cancel.
10. As this contract is for the supply of bespoke goods made to your specification, you have no right to cancel under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
11. We understand that, for whatever reason, you may wish to cancel your order with us. However, we may have incurred costs associated with the processing and manufacturing of your order and thus the following terms will apply:
a. If you advise us in writing that you wish to cancel your order before we have incurred any financial liability to the manufacturer of your order, there will be no charge to you.
b. If you advise us that you wish to cancel your order after we have incurred a financial liability to the manufacturer of your order, you will be obliged to pay to us a sum equivalent to that liability. You agree that the sum referred to may be deducted from the first payment made by you. If the sum to be deducted is less than the total of the first payment, we will remit the balance to you. However, if the sum to be deducted exceeds the total of the first payment you remain indebted to us and we will request payment.
What happens if you wish to postpone an agreed installation date?
12. We recognise that unforeseen circumstances may lead to you not being able to keep to a date we have confirmed with you for the installation of the order. Should this be the case then you must notify us at the earliest possible opportunity and we will rearrange the fitting for a mutually agreeable date. Please bear in mind that rescheduling fitting dates can be difficult at busy times of the year.
Download a Brochure
Book a Free Design Visit